chelsea

Chelsea's Adventures in Book Blogging...

I've fairly recently become obsessed with reading. This is just me sharing that love with the world. :)

Currently in the (apparently long) process of importing my books from GR.

Frigid - J. Lynn,  Jennifer L. Armentrout 2.5 starsThis book met my expectations. Pretty standard. It was pretty well-written & I liked the characters. They're toned down versions of the usual suspects: Kyler is possessive & alpha male, but not disturbingly so; Sydney's inexperienced and insecure, but not annoyingly so. Their relationship develops quickly, but it makes sense since they've known each other forever. There were a couple pretty funny parts, I lol'ed at this one: "I would've rolled my eyes, but they were glued to the way the muscles in his arm popped. Geez. I needed a lobotomy."Even though I liked the characters, I didn't feel really personally connected with them. Their story, especially with all their history, seemed a little generic. There weren't many cute inside jokes or anything, and I'm a total sucker for those. Although, there is a cute part at the end about his tattoo.I'd gotten a free sample of this one & wasn't sure about it, but bought it anyway. I'm glad I did, it was worth the time it took to read it. Obviously, though, I don't feel strongly enough about it one way or another to put much effort into a review. Sorry, that's all you get!