chelsea

Chelsea's Adventures in Book Blogging...

I've fairly recently become obsessed with reading. This is just me sharing that love with the world. :)

Currently in the (apparently long) process of importing my books from GR.

Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne This series certainly isn't one you expect a happy, sunshiney ending from. That said, I still didn't feel satisfied with how it ended; I wanted a little more justice, perhaps, or a sense of conclusion and I just didn't get that. It was also thoroughly depressing... I think I'll read it again in the summer when I'm not already borderline depressed from lack of vitamin D and see what I think then. :)**Just read it again in preparation for the movie :) I stand by what I said before... it's just not a satisfying conclusion after all you've been through with the characters. I've read/heard that the author didn't want the series to be about love or the Peeta/Gale/Katniss triangle... but I feel like she spends an awful lot of time developing that story only to blindside the reader at the end of the series with an attempt to send a message about war and PTSD. Dissatisfying, to be sure.