chelsea

Chelsea's Adventures in Book Blogging...

I've fairly recently become obsessed with reading. This is just me sharing that love with the world. :)

Currently in the (apparently long) process of importing my books from GR.

Damaged - H.M. Ward Really quick, cheap read. Pretty standard NA contemporary romance. I just read a couple reviews of this that referenced blue balls... funny & true. I know this is the beginning of a series, but I like books to still have a conclusion and be a book in & of themselves. This one just kind of ended in the middle of the story.I do have to rant for a sec. A major part of the main character's baggage is that she was raped repeatedly by an ex. At one point, Peter & whatever-the-hell-her-name-is (it probably says a lot about this book if I can't even remember the main character's name a few hours after finishing it) are discussing a new swing dancing move, and she keeps telling him she doesn't want to try it. His response is, "First you said no, then you said definitely no. So, I'm thinking there's wiggle room." Of course, they're being playful, but I found it a bit tasteless to be playful about "no means no" given her history. She also lies & says she's stalking Peter at one point; again, a weird thing to make light of given the circumstances.