chelsea

Chelsea's Adventures in Book Blogging...

I've fairly recently become obsessed with reading. This is just me sharing that love with the world. :)

Currently in the (apparently long) process of importing my books from GR.

Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2) - M. Leighton This book was a bit disappointing. I liked the first one, enough to pick up this one. What to say about it, other than it was a let down... I think I'm going to have to get spoilery here.The end of the first book seems like we're actually getting somewhere with Cash & Olivia's relationship. Then, beginning of this book, we're right back to square one with the jealousy. Chronologically, they were JUST, like an hour before, making up & happy & moving forward, & now we're doubting again. That was irritating. Then, Olivia gets her shit figured out just in time for Cash to think to himself he's in too deep & needs to keep some distance from her. But next thing you know, he's throwing out the L word without any indication of how he got from point A to point B. Also, the dead brother. Seriously? You brought the dead brother back? How very Days of Our Lives of you. It makes no sense to me that the father would keep them both alive & apart & Cash not knowing about Nash. I see absolutely no benefit to this, especially as they're casting dear Dad as the good guy, desperate to take care of his family, who got caught up the wrong crowd. How do you explain this cold-heartedness? ...Seriously, how, because that also was never addressed. I would think that talking this out with the dad would have been one of the first things Cash does, but it's barely even mentioned. That said, I am feeling a little intrigued about Nash, against my better judgement. Moving right along, the entire involvement of Olivia's mom was weird & out of place. Then the scene where Olivia's naked in bed with a room full of people & arguing with her mother. Awkward, although at least the awkwardness was addressed. But then she spouts off this super cheesy monologue about how she loves Cash & he's not the same as all the other bad boys, and throws in a "Mom, I love you, but..." Hold the phone. She hasn't spoken to her mother in years because she's an awful bitch. I don't think this is how that conversation would really have gone. NOT TO MENTION! She listens to her idiot mom, tries to prove a point, goes to school & immediately gets kidnapped. That, too, was weak. Weak & disappointing. I think that sums it up. I'm a bit surprised at how irritated I apparently am at this, which leads me to believe I had higher expectations than I realized. In any event, still let down.