chelsea

Chelsea's Adventures in Book Blogging...

I've fairly recently become obsessed with reading. This is just me sharing that love with the world. :)

Currently in the (apparently long) process of importing my books from GR.

Last Sacrifice - Richelle Mead I just put down this book about 4 minutes ago. What to say...First of all, I should explain that this is pretty much going to be my review of the entire series, not just this book. Overall, I'd give it 3.5 stars. It was good but I'm a little surprised, to be honest, at the glowing reviews it got. Maybe my expectations were too high.I'm pretty sure I said this in my review of the first book, but it bears repeating: I love Rose. love love love. She is precisely everything I want in a heroine. She's funny (I laughed out loud several times with each book), smart, she's very strong but vulnerable in the times that count, and she's self-aware and confident. Thank god. I also loved that you saw her grow throughout the series.I didn't really connect with the other characters, though. Usually I get all wrapped up in these stories and find myself daydreaming about a book like a freak whose only friends are fictional characters. That didn't happen with this one. I also find it really odd that you never hear anything about anyone Rose met in Siberia, especially Dimitri's family, after he was saved by Lissa. The poor people had a funeral for him, they might be interested to know he's not dead anymore. Each of the books started a little slow, but about 2/3 through, my heart was pounding & I definitely wasn't putting it down until the end. I was so used to this trend that by the sixth & final book, I was waiting with bated breath for it to get exciting & crazy. And I waited and waited, and then it ended. Needless to say, I found the end of this series to be pretty weak. First of all, I was irritated with Rose the she actually believed Dimitri didn't love her & gave up. It was the only stupid and not believable thing she did in the series. Other than that, the whole thing was so involved. There were a lot of details to keep track of, which characters knew which parts of the story, plus you were ping ponging between Rose's & Lissa's realities. Victor & Robert's involvement probably should have ended after they helped with the info that saved Dimitri, they just seemed superfluous. Then it comes to the "shit-hits-the-fan" moment at Court. It goes just swell. Daniella stands up and admits to conspiring, which she had absolutely no reason to do. Then, we finally find out it was Tasha who murdered Tatiana & that's supposed to be some huge, devastating shock. The thing is, I hadn't felt enough about Tasha either way to really care much about it being her. At least I can see her doing this in a fit of passion against someone she hates for a cause. But then she grabs Mia & shoots at people? That was random and, again, not believable. And the bond breaks because Rose healed herself? That makes no sense. And then everyone gets their happy ending. So, all in all, an entertaining series with an excellent main character that kept me riveted. I wish I would have loved the end more, but alas. I appear to be in the minority here anyway, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.