chelsea

Chelsea's Adventures in Book Blogging...

I've fairly recently become obsessed with reading. This is just me sharing that love with the world. :)

Currently in the (apparently long) process of importing my books from GR.

Forever Too Far (Too Far, #3) - Abbi Glines Well, I'd like to begin with an apology. I don't know what had crawled up my ass when I wrote the review for the first two books in this series, but I managed to make them sound much worse than they really are, even though I gave them three stars. Perhaps I'll edit that.This third book did get rid of some of my pet peeves from the first two. Blaire actually has some conversations with Rush instead of fleeing the scene at the first sign of conflict. She even holds her own a bit, which is nice to see. Also, there wasn't one "AAARRRGGHHHHH" in any sex scenes! While those did provide some unintended comic relief, I was glad they were gone for this one. You don't need to spell out a groan for us, we get the picture. Rush got a little extra possessive and crazy, but at least he's aware: "I looked back down at her and relaxed. She was mine. I needed to calm the fuck down."I'm not really sure where the story is going from here. It's obvious that there are some spin-off books coming (looks like there already is one at least, [b:Twisted Perfection|17333880|Twisted Perfection (Perfection, #1)|Abbi Glines|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1360904964s/17333880.jpg|24065237]). I know a lot of people wanted more of Blaire and Rush's story, but I think it would've been better with Blaire & Rush as side characters in another book. This book is trying to conclude Blaire & Rush's story while launching two other stories for two other series. That's a lot. To be honest, I was pretty satisfied with things at the end of book 2, so this one seemed a bit superfluous as far as the story goes. I did still enjoy the book, so if you liked the first two, I'd say it's worth a read.