chelsea

Chelsea's Adventures in Book Blogging...

I've fairly recently become obsessed with reading. This is just me sharing that love with the world. :)

Currently in the (apparently long) process of importing my books from GR.

Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) - Abbi Glines Edit 7/16/13: Below is my original review, but I must have been hangry when I wrote it. The writing did leave several things to be desired, but it was by no stretch of the imagination the worst indie book I've read. It definitely has its share of genre cliches, but I still loved the meetcute & really liked the characters. Despite my rant below, I would recommend it for a light-hearted, quick & fun read.Quick little read, enjoyable for 99 cents. pretty good story & character development. but...OH, THE TYPOS. I just don't understand. Is there some sort of rule that if you publish your own work, you must publish the first draft? Typos everywhere, and most importantly, a dire lack of punctuation. There was a part in the second book that they left out a closing quotation & failed to make the narrator's mental response a separate paragraph, and I thought that the person who had been speaking knew about the narrator's big secret because the narrator's thoughts seemed to be part of the quote. That's a pretty big problem. Can't you just give your friend $100 to look over your novel? Hell, I'll do it. Here is my official offer: AUTHORS, I WILL EDIT YOUR BOOKS FOR YOU IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN EDITOR. damn. I hope they hear me.