chelsea

Chelsea's Adventures in Book Blogging...

I've fairly recently become obsessed with reading. This is just me sharing that love with the world. :)

Currently in the (apparently long) process of importing my books from GR.

These Is My Words - Nancy E. Turner "Taking up marriage is a good excuse for taking up cursing, I think."Amen, sister.Oh my goodny, I am so glad I read this book. I actually read it over a span of a little less than a month, which is quite unusual for me. Don't take that as an indication that I found it boring, because that couldn't be farther from the truth. I actually was on a roadtrip out West, during which my sister got married in Wyoming, so I've been busy. It was a fitting time for me to read it though, as I was on a trek and reading about her journey, although mine was much safer and faster moving. Also, I didn't mind that I had to put down the book for a few days at a time, as her journal entries were also sometimes spaced by days or months.I'm not really sure what to say about this book other than I loved every single second of it. I loved what was written and what wasn't. LOVED. It's really difficult to summarize, not only because I started it so long ago, but also because the journal spans about a decade. I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed going on this journey with Sarah. At the end of the book, I feel like I've been there right along with her, and feel wistful for some of her earlier memories. So, rather than summarize, I'm going to just randomly spew out some things I loved about this book:-the time period (1880s), learning about frontier life in the Arizona Territory, and the badass female heroine.-The development of her relationship with Jack. Perfection.-The simplicity of it all. It was action-packed, but everything is written really bluntly. I feel like it's written in the same way that life happens. There's not always a lot of foreboding, shit just happens, and then you deal with it and move on. -On a related note, not everything is tied up in a little bow. There are characters that come and go for various reasons, things that are mentioned that you expect to turn up again but they never do. Again, it's just very real. Normally this bugs me about a book, but it makes sense in this one.I know there's more to add, but I can't think of the words. I'm speechless. Read this book, because it is lovely, beautiful, heartbreaking and real.