chelsea

Chelsea's Adventures in Book Blogging...

I've fairly recently become obsessed with reading. This is just me sharing that love with the world. :)

Currently in the (apparently long) process of importing my books from GR.

Out of Line - Jen McLaughlin, Diane Alberts 1.5 starsThere's nothing really wrong with this book... there just wasn't much right with it. For me, anyway.It had all my favorite pet peeves. First of all, I have no idea why it's called Out of Line. It makes no sense. Well, maybe a little bit, but not in any significant, title-worthy way. Of course in these NA romance books you expect some cliches, but this one had ALL of them, and they were extra annoying. Stupid nicknames that seem forced (and I even usually like the nicknames!). Hot virgin, who seems to have never been kissed, with a strict dad. "Bad boy" with tattoos. Bad boy says "fuck" every other word to display his masculinity, while demure virgin girl says things like "heck" and "dang." Mysterious, zappy chemistry: "He closed his fingers around mine. A shot of electricity skittered up my arm, making me jump slightly. What the heck had that been?" That had been my brain cells frying.Behind all these things, the story was just ok. For .99 cents, I suppose I got what I paid for.