chelsea

Chelsea's Adventures in Book Blogging...

I've fairly recently become obsessed with reading. This is just me sharing that love with the world. :)

Currently in the (apparently long) process of importing my books from GR.

Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2) - Colleen Hoover Colleen Hoover, I love you. You are without a doubt one of my favorite authors. I've loved all of your books and will read anything you write, even if it's an obituary (especially if it's an obituary, I bet you would write a lovely one). Anyway, onto the book.But first, a quick warning: do not read this book (or this review) if you haven't read Hopeless. And if you haven't read [b:Hopeless|15717943|Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)|Colleen Hoover|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1353489892s/15717943.jpg|21389085] yet, I don't know what you're waiting for, it's fucking brilliant. "Time has completely stopped, and all I'm thinking about while we kiss is how this is what saves people. Moments like these with people like her are what makes all the suffering worth it." Obvi, I loved it, but that's no surprise. I was so looking forward to reading about Holder's experiences & what was going through his mind throughout the story, and I was not let down. I'll be honest, I'm feeling a little speechless right now. There is so much to love, I'm not sure how to put it into words. So here comes an incoherent stream of consciousness, get ready:Holder. Holy moly, I don't think I could have dreamed up a more perfect man myself. He has faults (bit of a temper, always feels the need to be the hero), but he's aware of them. He also couldn't possibly be more supportive and perfect when Sky's shit hits the fan. Plus, he actually vocalizes what he needs, which is so refreshing - rather than being passive aggressive about it & then I have to read about a juvenile temper tantrum. I also noticed that he's observant of Sky's responses to him without it seeming over-the-top (for instance, he never reads her heartbeat or talks about the dilation of her pupils). So enough about him. One of my favorite things about this book is the perfect grace with which it handles extremely touchy subjects. One such subject is the moral dilemma of what Holder does with the information that Sky is Hope. It was interesting to read his inner dialogue about that decision. I found myself thinking a lot about what the right decision would be, although I'm not sure there is one. Also, the way Holder handles everything after he finds out about Sky's prior abuse is excellent. It's not so perfect that it seems unrealistic. It's clear he feels like he's in over his head, and arguably, he makes some mistakes. But he always corrects them and still helps her heal.Overall...Funny, check.Captivating, check.Emotional, check.Thought-provoking, check.Original, check check.